- Cinder: 5’8” / 173cm
- Kai: 5’11” / 180cm
- Scarlet: 5’6” / 168cm
- Wolf: 6’4” / 193cm
- Cress: 5’1” / 155cm
- Thorne: 6’0” / 183cm
- Winter: 5’9” / 175cm
- Jacin: 6’2” / 188cmBirth dates:
- Cinder: December 21, 109 T.E. (Sagittarius)
- Kai: 7 April 108 T.E. (Aries)
- Scarlet: 17 August 108 T.E. (Leo)
- Wolf: November 4, 102 T.E. (Scorpio)
- Cress: July 18, 110 T.E. (Cancer)
- Thorne: May 22, 105 T.E. (Gemini)
- Winter: January 3, 109 T.E. (Capricorn)
- Jacin: July 8, 107 T.E. (Gemini on post, but based on his birthday, he would actually be Cancer)Appearances:
- Kai has angled, sharp features and “admirable” lips
- Scarlet has brown eyes
- Jacin has white-blond hair and blue-gray eyesMiscellaneous:
- Cinder is ambidextrous
- Wolf is most definitely Middle Eastern
- Thorne usually wears product in his hair
- Winter’s full name is Winter Hayle-Blackburn
The backlash against Ridley Scott’s Exodus is gathering momentum. After Noah’s mixed reception earlier this year, more and more people are sick of seeing movies with “whitewashed” casts: White actors representing historical figures who almost certainly were not white.
The latest accusation of Exodus whitewashing relates to someone who technically isn’t even a character: the Sphinx.
The likeliest explanation is that the sculpture in this picture is not the Sphinx, but is in fact a statue of Ramses. This means that it would have been based on actor Joel Edgerton’s face.
Unfortunately, this just makes the whitewashed casting even more blatant, because real statues of Ramses II simply do not look like that. So while Exodus may not have made a “white version” of the Sphinx, Egyptian culture is still being erased and rewritten to fit in with the film’s predominantly white cast of actors.
Top five favorite book villains? Top five favorite movie villains?
I’m picky when it comes to villains, so for a lot of these choices, I’m more into how the narrative treats them than anything else. Like the way the narrative of CNV treated von Linden - emphasising his daughter’s loss instead of trying to paint him as a halfway-decent man after his death (a la Snape). And how the narrative of HDM treated Mrs. Coulter as a complex, multifaceted woman.
And if you don’t mind, I’m going to skip movie villains, because I can’t think of enough!
Top five favorite books you've read this year?
top 5 tv shows?
Top 5 canadians fictional or real
Top 5 fictional friendships? Or top 5 fictional siblings?
But his words burned inside me, giving me strength.
"Friends are armor. I’d like us to be friends."
small act of kindness (listen)
i. the mother we share (moon boots remix) - chvrches ii. this must be the place (talking heads cover) - miles fisher iii. those who caved in - maria mena iv. i sing i swim - seabear v. time for our little talks - of monsters and men vs. imagine dragons vi. what you wanted - onerepublic vii. welcome home - radical face viii. ribs (ryan hemsworth remix) - lorde
Lirael in death, facing the ninth gate.
I realized too late in the game how much this ended up looking like Laura Toltons’s paintings. I’ll remember to change up the color scheme for any others drawings i do :P